Monday, January 21, 2008

Ah, snow :)

Here's a couple of pics from last week's not quite so epic yet still amazing snowshoe up Mt. Lincoln in Franconia Notch. I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted to snowshoeing, and that the mountains in the notch are becoming my favorites. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is to drive 93 northbound and enter the notch, covered in snow, looking so forbidding and breathtaking. And then to hike up to the top and on a clear day have 80+ miles of visibility in all directions. I don't think I ever want to leave New Hampshire. Yesterday's adventure was to the top of Mt. Lafayette, but due to the below zero temperatures and even more brutal windchill, there are no photos. But next week's plan is to go back to the waterfalls pictured below, the Falling Waters Trail, and this time with fresh camera batteries. I don't think I'll ever get tired of the sight of water freezing in motion.







Ah, it's good to be bad ass...


Mt. Washington from the top of Mt. Lincoln. Mt. Washington is on
docket for the coming weeks I hope. And for those who know my story
I can tell you that I'll be coming down in daylight this time.

No comments: