Monday, February 18, 2008

It's Official...

I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. I think this blog is turning out to be a bit like writing in my journal, a really good idea but one that just never seems to get played out. But I wanted to post a couple of big changes since my last post, a month filled with turning 30, snowstorms, snowshoeing, skiing, more snowstorms, and starting my spring semester. I have been accepted to two out of six of my grad schools thus far so I will officially be going to school for physical therapy. I'll post on the topic again when I've determined where exactly I'll be, a moment I'm anxious, excited, and scared to death for. But in other news, more in the lines of why I started this blog in the first place, I've signed up for my first half ironman triathlon. Gulp... Still not sure about this, but I hate to waste money so I'm committed, barring any injury or other major setback. I'll be competing in the Mooseman Tri here in New Hampshire, about 1/2 hour away in Bristol. The race date is Sunday June 8, a date that isn't as far away as I might hope considering the feet of snow that need to go away before then to allow me to train somewhere other than a treadmill and stationary bike. And not nearly enough time to allow the water to rise much above freezing. Wetsuits anyone? But with this race, I'll have it and my training behind me before I dive into gross anatomy this summer and I'll be able to focus 100% on school and settling into either Boston or Portland. So I've started my pretraining, the very gracious allowance that my coaches made to my laziness over the holidays. I've been feeling strong though, considering I've gone from 0-60 so to speak, and in addition to my swim, bike, run, weight training, I'm also squeezing in skiing, snowshoeing, and kung fu lessons. I'm tired, but feeling stronger already and am hopeful that I can not only stick to my training plan, but dominate in the race. Wish me luck!

No comments: