Sunday, June 8, 2008

Final moments

I have only a few minutes before I need to head out but I had to put this post up for myself more than anyone else, just to note how I'm feeling in the final lead up this morning.  I feel good.  Maybe not as fit as I'd like, but still ready somehow.  I was nervous yesterday right up until I checked in and then, despite the crowd of hardcore looking triathletes, I still felt up to this challenge.  I think it will be the hardest physical event for me to date, but I think I finally have the right perspective that time doesn't matter, I can finish this and that's what my goal has been since the very first time I got the idea to do this.  I need to periodically push the limits of my own expectations, abilities, and mental toughness and for the first time when one of these events is upon me, I know I'm ready for it.  I'm still nervous, but I'm sitting here, eating my eggs and toast, I've done yoga, and I've got classical music on my IPod to relax me and my overwhelming feeling is one of excitement.  I wanted to put this post up before I left because I have no idea how today is going to go.  The heat and humidity worry me a bit, as does the possibility of a thunderstorm.  My hip is always a concern and I know enough now when to push and when do listen to my body.  When I walk out the door in a few minutes, it's all unknown, but for the first time in a long time, that's ok.  Maybe that was the point of this all along.

No comments: